Cartoon Beatbox Battles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cartoon Beatbox Battles is a YouTube series made by Verbalase, consisting of animated beatbox battles between fictional characters. Its first episode aired on March 19, 2016.
Why It Rocks
- Fluid animation in the later episodes.
- Great character matches and battles.
- It includes a VHS filter and a TV-PG sign at the beginning which isn’t common for most web series on YouTube.
- Superb voice acting. Verbalase does a great job in voicing the characters.
- Nice art style that fits the animation.
- There are even solos for the characters in the episodes. Some of their solos are actually based on previously existing songs, like Darkseid's solo being based off Gangster's Paradise.
- The series is amazingly faithful to the characters it uses, and there are plenty of nods to the characters in their episodes, like Spongebob's realistic close-ups in Spongebob vs Deadpool, and the myriad of Mario/Sonic references in Mario vs Sonic.
- It spawned Cartoon Beatbox Lessons .
- Some of the beatbox solos turned into memes.
- The animation in the earlier episodes wasn’t as good as in today’s episodes.
- Sometimes the animation is traced from other pictures.
- Fans usually vote on the character, which could ruin the experience.