The series revolves around a trio of anthropomorphic feline brothers. After their wealthy owner Edna Cramdilly died, she left her riches to them, along with a menacing, oversized monster truck named Gear and a dignified butler named Hovis. The program commonly chronicles their wealthy lifestyles and action-packed, sometimes paranormal, experiences. Other characters include the sweet young neighbor girl, Kimberly, with whom Gordon is obsessed, and the cats' competitive rivals the Chumpy Chump Brothers.
Why It Made The Trio Rich when The Old Lady Died
- Amazing intro.
- The visuals of the art style and character designs are pretty pleasing and decent on the eyes.
- The voice acting was great, especially from Wayne Knight, Rob Paulsen and Kevin McDonald.
- Outstanding, hilarious slapstick humor.
- With that said, the humor is both, decent and fantastic.
- It's a mix-match of The Ren & Stimpy Show, Ed, Edd n Eddy and SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Very likeable and funny characters, such as: Waffle, Gordon, Mr. Blik, Hovis, Kimberly, and Katilda.
- Some good antagonists such as the Chumpy Chump Brothers.
- Has some heartwarming moments.
- The show has some Flash games were based on the episodes like Cat Fight, This Means War!, Cats Me if You Can!, and Spindango Fundulation.
- Mr. Bilk’s greedy, egoistic, and violent nature makes him unlikable sometimes.
- Gordon’s crush on Kimberly can be a little weird due to the fact that Gordon is a cat, while Kimberly is a feminine human.
- The series lasted for only 20 episodes and it was never renewed for a second season.
- The episode "Mr. Pickles" is considered as one of the worst episodes of the series.
- After the series ended, it was continued to rerun on Nickelodeon, until it was taken off on November 22, 2007. The series was also aired on Nickelodeon's sister channel, Nicktoons from 2007 to 2009, but it did aired again in 2015.
- This show had yet to be streaming on Paramount+ or airing on TeenNick's NickRewind (however, the latter itself was closed down on January 31, 2022).
- It was one of the three Nicktoons that premiered in 2005, after Avatar: The Last Airbender and followed by The X's.