Catscratch is an American animated television series created by Doug TenNapel (also known for creating the Earthworm Jim series). It aired on Nickelodeon from July 9, 2005 to February 10, 2007.
The series revolves around a trio of anthropomorphic feline brothers. After their wealthy owner Edna Cramdilly died, she left her riches to them, along with a menacing, oversized monster truck named Gear and a dignified butler named Hovis. The program commonly chronicles their wealthy lifestyles and action-packed, sometimes paranormal, experiences. Other characters include the sweet young neighbor girl, Kimberly, with whom Gordon is obsessed, and the cats' competitive rivals the Chumpy Chump Brothers.
Why It Rocks
- Very amazing intro.
- The visuals of the art style and character designs are pretty pleasing on the eyes.
- Outstanding hilarious slapstick humor.
- It's a mix-match of The Ren & Stimpy Show and Ed, Edd n Eddy.
- Very likeable and funny characters, such as: Waffle, Gordon, Mr. Blik, Hovis, Kimberly and Katilda.
- Some good antagonists such as the Chumpy Chump Brothers.
- It was one of the three Nicktoons that premiered in 2005, after Avatar: The Last Airbender and followed by The X's.
- Has some heartwarming moments.
- At times, Mr. Bilk’s greedy, egoistic, and violent nature makes him very unlikeable.
- Gordon’s crush on Kimberly can be a little weird.
- It only lasted one season.