Child Fearing (The Powerpuff Girls, 1998)
"Child Fearing" is the second half of the second episode in the third season of the Original Powerpuff Girls.
When the Professor runs late for an event, he quickly calls the Mayor, who then calls up for a babysitter for the girls. It turns out that the babysitter is actually Mojo Jojo, who wants the girls to help him conquer Townsville, but they make it a hilarious challenge for him.
Why It Can't Be Fearing
- Watching Mojo Jojo cook all that food in one go for the girls is pretty impressive and delicious to watch.
- The plot is very creative and different here, as it has the Professor running late for an event and calls the Mayor, but then he calls Mojo Jojo - who is a villain.
- Watching Mojo falling down the stairs into the basement, getting spat by the girls and Buttercup putting him down while blindfolded is hilarious to watch. He even gets corrected by the girls when he told the Napoleon story all wrong - which is useful for historians or people learning history at school.
- The girls are still likable characters. Although, they actually tortured Mojo Jojo, it's justified as he's a villain, it's hilarious to watch and they done that just so he wouldn't be able to conquer and take over Townsville.
- Although not outside, the girls still technically do crime-fighting by torturing Mojo and getting him arrested.
- Blarney the Singing Sea Serpent is a decent and very funny parody of Barney & Friends, not to mention, a more educational one at that.
- Good Ending: Mojo Jojo once again gets arrested by the police to get away from the girls, then the Professor comes home and the girls said they just said goodbye to the babysitter and the Professor said it's time for bed. And it ends with the narrator breaking the fourth wall by saying "If I were a narrator, I'd end this show!", which he is and says that the day is saved thanks to the Powerpuff Girls.
The Only Bad Quality
- On the other hand, it's seen as a torture episode for Mojo Jojo due to the girls abusing and mistreating him to the point of him calling the police. But it's justified as mentioned above.
- Not only were the girls watching a Barney & Friends parody, but the Mayor can be seen playing a parody of The Legend of Zelda at the start.