Choujin Sentai Jetman
Chōjin Sentai Jetman (鳥人戦隊ジェットマン 'Chōjin Sentai Jettoman', translated into English as Birdman Squadron Jetman), is the 15th entry of Super Sentai series. It was produced by Toei and Bandai. It aired on TV Asahi at 5:00 PM every Friday from February 15, 1991, to February 14, 1992, with a total of 51 episodes. The show was inspired by Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman, and was the last Super Sentai series not to be adapted into a Power Rangers series until Ressha Sentai ToQger.
Why It Rocks
- The Jetmen are very likable and have very distinct personalities:
- Ryu Tendo (Red Hawk) being always professional and never let feelings affect himself in battle.
- Gai Yuki (Black Condor) being a confrontational and obnoxious loner who hated being ordered around and adored fighting.
- Raita Ooishi (Yellow Owl) being a very strong person and a vegetable farmer
- Kaori Rokumeikan (White Swan) being very sweet, caring, educated, prim, and proper.
- It's a massive improvement over their predecessor (Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman) and even Kousoku Sentai Turboranger.
- This season that saved Super Sentai from cancellation
- Amazing fight scenes
- The suits are pretty cool to look at.
- The Mecha was Great.
- Ryu Tendo's bond with Kaori Rokumeikan was very heartwarming
- Gai Yuki's death was really sad and emotional at the end of this episode.
- The finale was AMAZING!
- The whole team never team-up with Fivemen and Zyurangers.
- They never had a movie itself.
- Ako Hayasaka (Blue Swallow) being rude and cheeky sometimes