Chuck Time (Angry Birds Toons)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chuck Time is the premiere episode of Angry Birds Toons.
Why It's Chuck Time
- As being the first episode of the show, it is quite the great start to a beloved show based on a popular mobile game, even for 2013 animation.
- The flash animation is amazing.
- There are so many memorable moments, such as Chuck slowing down time Quicksilver style to get to the ground before Red.
- The soundtrack is a joy to listen to, especially the track that plays while Chuck rushes to Red's rescue.
- The scene where Red gets briefly sad for Chuck getting seemingly crushed by the slingshot is a very heartwarming moment in the episode.
- The fourth wall break at the end of the episode is a good moment (despite being somewhat clichéd), as Chuck smugly winks at the camera.
- Decent voice acting, despite there being no dialogue.
- The part where Chuck does random things while waiting for Red to fall in the bucket full of water is a entertaining moment for the episode.
The Only Bad Qualities
- It may be a bit of torture for the two birds, as Red gets pushed off of the cliff and Chuck constantly gets hurt in some way by the slingshot.
- A plot hole: How did Red even manage to get behind Chuck despite him falling right where the bucket of water is?
The episode received mixed to positive reception from fans & reviewers of the show, with a 6.8/10 IMDb.
- Chuck mentions the episode's name as a reference in The Angry Birds Movie.
- Angry Birds Stella's ninth episode, "The Prankster", has a reference to this episode in the form of Stella covered in red feathers falling off a tree.
- One of Chuck's biography photos in Angry Birds Trilogy shares an enourmous similarity to this episode's plot.