Cleopatra in Space
Cleopatra in Space is an American animated television series produced by DreamWorks Animation, based on the graphic novel series of the same name by Mike Maihack. In the United States, the first five episodes were released on NBCUniversal's streaming service Peacock on April 15, 2020, for Xfinity customers. The show will launch for July 15, 2020, or sooner, for those without Xfinity.
A teenage Cleopatra is transported 30,000 years into the future and discovers she is the prophesied savior of the future world.
Why It Rocks
- Vibrant animation and color palette, similar to other Dreamworks 2D shows.
- Stays very faithful to the original graphic novel.
- The show balances slice of life stories with action, comedy, and adventure.
- Character development for Cleo, the main protagonist who starts off as a selfish and lazy teenager but later becomes a hero.
- Super catchy Egyptian-style theme song.
- There's LGBTQ+ representation, as Akila has two mothers. Which is a good sign, showing that Dreamworks supports gay rights.
- Hilarious moments like the fake PSA at the end of the episode "Mess".
- Compelling story arc.