Cory In The House
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cory in the House is an American television sitcom which aired on the Disney Channel from January 12, 2007, to September 12, 2008, and was a spin-off from the Disney show That's So Raven, the second being Raven's Home in 2017.
Why It Rocks
- The series is a nice follow up from That's So Raven, as Cory Baxter grows up to get his own show and move from San Francisco, California to Washington, D.C.
- Cory Baxter and his dad, Victor Baxter are still their old and charming selves.
- It's got new characters such as Newt Livingston, Sophie Martinez, Meena Paroom, Jason Stickler, and more. They are likeable here and there.
- Cory Baxter living in the White House is an interesting concept.
- Victor Baxter getting a job as the White House Executive Chef is a great idea.
- Cool theme song.
- Perfect acting.
- Raven-Symoné's character, Raven Baxter from That's So Raven returns for a guest appearance in the episode, "That's So in the House".
- It marks as the first Disney Channel spin-off series.
- Some memorable and heartwarming moments.
- Great set design as it was filmed in Washington, D.C.
- This scene right here is so beautifully chaotic and hysterical, it may be one of the funniest scenes in not just the show, but possibly the entire Disney Channel pantheon.
- Sophie can be bratty and act more of a Karma Houdini at times.
- The last episode, "Mad Songs Pay So much" was a very disappointing ending as it feels like the series ended on a cliffhanger and does not feel like an actual series finale.
- The laugh track plays non-stop.
- The series marks a Disney Channel first, as it is the channel's first spin-off, produced by It's a Laugh Productions, Inc. This is also the only Disney Channel spin-off series to be broadcast in standard definition for the entire length of the show.
- Reruns of the series have not been aired on Disney Channel, or on Disney XD; however, they continue to air on the Family channel in Canada.
- In 2014, Disney Channel started airing a weekly block called Disney Replay on Wednesdays nights, during which episodes of Cory in the House air alongside That's So Raven , Kim Possible, and among others.