Count Koopula (The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!)
Mario's group enter a castle in Turtlevania, where Koopa and his minions are all monsters. This episode's plot is based on the novel Dracula.
Why It Rocks
- This episode is a good parody of Dracula, with Count Koopula (King Koopa) being a great vampire villain.
- Great voice acting, and is also one of the few times where Toad’s voice is passable.
- The animation in this episode is brilliant, as is the case with many series produced by DIC Entertainment.
- This episode is also DIC's very first time experimenting with digital ink and paint animation techniques, which look quite amazing.
- A lot of funny moments, some of which even spawned internet memes, such as when the Werekoopa’s slipped on the Tomato Sauce and crashed.
- There are a lot of memorable quotes, such as Toad’s "The things I do for Princess Toadstool" line, similar to Courage’s line "The things I do for love".
- All of the action sequences are both thrilling and exciting at the same time.
- King Koopa is a very funny villain in this episode, and even has some very funny lines of dialogue too.
- His minions, the Mouser, Koopas and Goombas, were also pretty funny.
- "Yo, my brother, the pasta vampire." Then, Toad and the Princess laugh about it.
The Only Bad Quality
- There was an animation error, while Koopa was getting away in his vampire bat form, the sunlight didn’t hurt him, and that was after sunlight shined on him during the fight and he backed away from it.
"Count Koopula" got decent reviews from critics, and positive reviews from audiences and fans of the Super Mario franchise. It holds a 6/10 rating on IMDb.com.
the scene where Princess Toadstool picks up a potted Fire Piranha Plant and uses it to attack enemies could be considered a foreshadow to Super Mario 3D World.