Craig Douglas McCracken (born March 31, 1971) is an American animator, writer, and cartoonist. He created the Cartoon Network animated television series The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, as well as Wander Over Yonder for the Disney Channel. McCracken has previously served as an art director and storyboard artist for 2 Stupid Dogs and Dexter's Laboratory respectively. He has been married to fellow animator Lauren Faust since 2004. He is the creator and executive producer of Kid Cosmic, an animated series for Netflix, that was released on February 2, 2021.
Why He Rocks
- He's the creator of the cartoons appreciated by animation fans, The Powerpuff Girls (1998), Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Wander Over Yonder and Kid Cosmic.
- His shows The Powerpuff Girls (1998), Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Wander Over Yonder and Kid Cosmic have a good influence of art styles from UPA and Hanna-Barbera cartoons, Margaret Keane's paintings, the 1967 Croatian cartoon Professor Balthazar, Dennis the Menace and The Adventures of Tintin.
- Also his shows are mainly inspired by the 1960s decade, giving great retro vibes to the shows.
- He worked in great cartoons and animated movies like 2 Stupid Dogs, Chowder, Dexter's Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls Movie, and of course his own cartoons The Powerpuff Girls (1998), Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Wander Over Yonder and Kid Cosmic.
- Criticized Cartoon Network for airing live-action shows and the infamous CN Real in 2009, that caused he and his wife Lauren Faust leaving Cartoon Network for good after 17 years in The Los Angeles Times, despite the channel also unfortunately screwed The Cartoonstitute (a worthy spiritual successor to What a Cartoon! headed by him and Rob Renzetti), was not only the main reason he criticized as mentioned before, but also of financial problems.
- He's opposed to the terrible The Powerpuff Girls 2016 reboot, knowing that Cartoon Network did the reboot in a financial view and wished that the channel should have stopped their plans to reboot the show.
- He is married with Lauren Faust, the creator of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and DC Super Hero Girls (2019).
- He's good friends with Genndy Tartakovsky, the creator of Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack and Rob Renzetti, the creator of My Life as a Teenage Robot since the CalArts days in the early 1990s.