Craig of the Creek
Craig of the Creek is an American animated television series that premiered on March 30 2018 on Cartoon Network. It is created by Matt Burnett and Ben Levin, who had previously served as story editors/writers on Steven Universe, as well as former writers of Level Up. The show's pilot episode debuted on the official app and online on December 1, 2017. The series premiered online on February 19, with a double-premiere event aired on Cartoon Network on March 30, 2018.
The show follows a young boy named Craig, his two friends Kelsey and J.P., and their many adventures in the titular creek, described as a kid utopia of untamed wilderness in which tribes of children reign over tree forts and dirt bike ramps.
Why It Rocks
- It is highly imaginative.
- The concept is empowering to kids in a Codename: Kids Next Door way.
- Smooth animation which is similar to Steven Universe.
- Decent character designs.
- The theme song is awesome.
- Craig, Kelsey, and J.P. are all very good characters that work off each other well.
- This is the first Cartoon Network show to have an African-American as the main character.
- Kelsey's internal monologues are dramatic yet funny.
- Some good lessons such as "sometimes we all need a little space".
- It's like Legends of Chamberlain Heights for kids!
- Kelsey's pet Parakeet, "Mortimer" is adorable.
- Good use of ironic humor, the "Elders of the Creek" are actually nerdy teen larpers.
- Craig's dad is voiced by Terry Crews.
- JP could be seen as a red-neck sterotype.
- Some episodes included dead memes like "Salt Bae", "Get Rekt", and "The ground is lava”.
- Some bumpers removed some of the characters or the objects and replaced them with the Cartoon Network.logo.