Crashbox is a Canadian-American educational animated children's television series co-created by Eamon Harrington and John Watkin that aired on HBO Family from 1999 to 2000 in the United States and Asia.
The series is designed like a game show, and quizzes viewers on subjects such as math, nature, history, among other various subjects.
Why It Will Let The Games Begin
- Creative, catchy, and snazzy intro.
- The theme song and credits are so catchy to listen to, despite being creepy.
- Speaking of the soundtrack, a lot of the music is very well composed and has a fun vibe to every style of the song each game takes place in, some of these include detective shows for example.
- Great animation.
- Nice claymation art style that fits the show very well. The art styles that went into each game were well thought out.
- Very great games such as the (Revolting Slob, Distraction News, Think Tank, Sketch Pad, Lens McCracken, Eddie Bull, Captain Bones, Psycho Math, Mugshots, etc).
- The humor in some games is amazing. The Professor Rocket from Psycho Math and Captain Bones for example.
- Likeable characters such as Eddie Bull, the Robots, Dora Smarmy, Jumpin Johnnie Jumble, Captain Bob, Revolting Slob and, Verity (depending on your view).
- The show can be creepy and or incredibly weird/ridiculous at times to younger and older viewers sometimes.
- Some games in the show can be unfitting for kids shows targeted for tomboys and boys. For example, in Season 1 a game called Paige and Sage has two Barbie dolls which are pretty unfitting.
- Episodes 27-39 basically reuses segments from earlier episodes that someone already watched which feels like a clip show which is why HBO Family removed them from reruns and on demand service in January 2016, thankfully Episode 40 got rid of it for Season 2 which made improvement over late Season 1 episodes (Episodes 27-39).
Crashbox received generally positive reviews from fans who love HBO, a division of WarnerMedia. The IMDb rating is 8.4/10.
- This is the most popular show on HBO Family, along with A Little Curious considering it had two interstitials, having more episodes than other shows, being remembered as an obscure hidden gem, and even having a Discord server relating to it despite being short-lived and much less popular.
- It is a fan favorite for many HBO Fans and Warner Fans who grew up watching the show.
- It is one of the most popular HBO Family Jam shows of the 2000s, 2010s decade.