Daimidaler: Prince vs. Penguin Empire
Daimidaler: Prince vs. Penguin Empire is an action, adventure, mecha, comedy, dark comedy, romance, romantic comedy, drama, fantasy, dark fantasy, urban fantasy, science fiction, science fantasy, fanservice, parody, harem, Japanese anime series. It was based on a manga series which was written by Asaki Nakama and published by Enterbrain for the magazine Fellows! It originally ran rom December 15, 2008 to October 15, 2012, and it lasted for 4 volumes in total. After that it got a sequel manga series, titled Daimidaler the Sound Robot OGS, which was written by Asaki Nakama and published by Enterbrain for the magazine Harta. It originally ran from October 5, 2013 to June 15, 2016, and it lasted for 2 volumes in total. After that came the anime adaptation. It was directed by Tetsuya Yanagisawa, written by Takao Yoshioka, musically composed by Ryosuke Nakanishi, and produced by Studio TNK. It originally aired from April 5, 2014 to June 21, 2014, and it lasted for 12 normal episodes and 6 OVA episodes in total.
Kōichi Madanbashi is a high schooler who possesses Hi-ERo particles, which are used as an energy source for the robot Daimidaler. He obtains these particles by groping females and uses them to power up the robot in order to fight penguin-shaped robots from the supposedly evil Penguin Empire.
Why It Rocks
- Excellent soundtrack.
- Wonderful satire and parody of common tropes in anime, including mecha, action, romance, comedy, fanservice, and anime with an extremely perverted and dense main character.
- Amazing animation.
- Outstanding cast of characters. They do have a decent amount of depth and are interesting, but the primary reason to love them is because they're entertaining and serve to improve the overall themes of parody of the show.
- Great voice acting in both sub and dub.
- Outlandish, ridiculous, yet still humorous storyline about high school students who have to defend the world, in gigantic mechs, from an invasion of sentient penguins.
- Very appealing art style and character designs.
- Incredible action.
- It probably parodies Star Wars combined with Gundam.
- Viewers can appreciate how the designs for the Penguin Empire and their army look very perverted.