||April 10, 2015 – October 19, 2018
||Netflix Streaming Services
Deborah Ann Woll
Toby Leonard Moore
Daredevil is a 2015 television series based on the Marvel Comics hero of the same name. The show is the first entry of the Netflix side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Or MCU).
Why It Rocks
- Charlie Cox gives a fantastic performance as Daredevil/Matt Murdock, and this version of the character is considered the best adaptation to date.
- Stays faithful to the source material, taking inspiration from the Frank Miller run and more.
- Likeable characters such as Foggy, Sticks, and Karen.
- The Daredevil costume is a modified version of his infamous armor suit and it looks extremely good and is an improvement than the suit it was based on.
- Vincent D'Onofrio gives a great performance as the Kingpin, who is a very good villian with some great character development.
- Great cinematography.
- The hand to hand combat is fluid, fast paced, brutal, and kinetic, and arguably better than the hand to hand combat in the movie portion of the MCU.
- The Punisher makes his long awaited MCU appearance in Season 2, and would later get his own series. This version of the Punisher is extremely accurate to the comic version and is a badass.
- Great intro.
- The show has a great blend of seriousness, action, and emotional and comedic moments and all of these aspects are well balanced.
- Although Season 3 ends on somewhat of a cliffhanger and was cancelled shortly after, the finale was a good enough ending for the series.
- Season 2 is noticeably weaker than the seasons either side of it, and spends a lot of time setting up The Defenders and The Punisher instead of trying to tell its own story.
- Benjamin Poindexter does not become Bullseye after it was cancelled after three seasons..
- It was cancelled after 3 seasons and Marvel Television restructured to Marvel Studios.
- Unlikeable characters like Wilson Fisk's father, Bill and his bully Bernie Walker.