Dee Deelocks and the Ness Monster (Dexter's Laboratory)
"Dee Deelocks and the Ness Monster" is the first part of the fifth episode in the second season of Dexter's Laboratory.
When Dexter's mother asks him to read a story to a sickly Dee Dee, Dee Dee becomes bored of Dexter's story and creates one of her own.
Why It Rocks
- The story Dee Dee reads, "Dee Deelocks and the Ness Monster", is a very funny parody of the classic fairytale, Goldilocks and the Three Bears with a bit of Three Little Pigs, Jack and the Beanstalk & Pinocchio mixed in.
- Speaking of which, Dee Deelocks' design looks pretty good, looking almost like Dee Dee, along with the bagpipe family and the three little "pigs" with their skin resembling the material they used to build their houses.
- Dee Deelocks' plan to escape the bagpipe monster's stomach is very clever, as the "pigs" use her long hair as a rope.
- While the story was a pretty funny take on a few fairytales, Dexter does have a point on the story not having a structure or plot.
- Funny Ending: At the end of the story, Dee Deelocks lies to the Three Blind Mice, and so, they fly away and live happily ever after. Then, Dee Dee thanks Dexter for reading the story and plays on her bagpipe.
The Only Bad Quality
- Dexter's Mom is highly illogical in this episode, uncaring of Dexter's own health by forcing him to be in close proximity to Dee Dee when she's sick.
- This episode, along with Backfire & Book 'Em, hold a rating of 7.1/10 on IMDB.