Detention-A-Rooney (Liv and Maddie)
"Detention-A-Rooney" is the 11th episode of the second season of Liv and Maddie, as well as the 32nd episode overall.
Parker misbehaves to get detention so he won't have to partake in an embarrassing mother-son pageant. Meanwhile, both Liv and Maddie get sick at the same time, and it's up to Pete to take care of them.
Why It Rocks
- Great intro: it's nice to see Joey and Parker playing video games together, because it's good to see Joey and Parker bond over their mutual love for video games.
- Unlike the first couple of episodes, it has Parker as the main focus.
- Seeing Karen dressed as a mermaid was great, because it felt like a shout-out to The Little Mermaid.
- This episode introduced Dump Truck to the show, and he became a recurring character later on.
- It's relatable to see Liv and Maddie get sick as it's natural. If you've ever had nasal congestion before, it's relatable seeing Maddie nasally congested and having to blow her nose a lot.
- Even though they were sick for most of the episode, Liv and Maddie fully recovered at the end and were back to themselves.
- This episode flanderized some of the Liv and Maddie characters in the show, as they did unlikable things. Karen because she made Parker partake in the embarrassing mother-son pageant and Maddie because she acted so childish and needy when sick.
- It was gross seeing Parker scraping gum that looked like Gummy from the terrible SpongeBob SquarePants episode "The Gift of Gum", and even grosser, Joey ate out of the toaster Liv vomited into, and enjoyed it. To be fair, he didn't know that Liv vomited on it.
- This episode doesn't have Liv nor Maddie as the main character of it, and they are the true protagonists of the show.
- It was kind of annoying how Artie's minions were giving Joey too much attention.