Dick Figures is an American adult animated web comedy series created by Ed Skudder (who would later develop UniKitty!) and Zack Keller and written and directed by Skudder and Keller. The series, featuring two humanlike stick figures named Red and Blue who are best friends, aired for the first time on November 18, 2010.
Two dysfunctional friends, Red and Blue, make up for what they lack in smarts and sex appeal with a really long string of bad decisions.
Why It Rocks
- The jokes are mad funny, perfected with the excellent timing and pacing.
- While the shows does not have one linear plot, it tells multiple stories in each episode.
- A cast of likable characters, especially with the protagonists Red and Blue.
- The Kickstarter-funded feature film they produced is a great ending and origins to the show.
- An amazing host of soundtracks, especially the abstract official music video titled 'Bath Rhymes'.
- The show is accessible to anyone, thanks to it being on YouTube for free.
- Perfectly choreographed and kinetic action scenes.
- The show better handles mature themes and ideologies better than most other adult animations.
- It got a movie called Dick Figures: The Movie and that’s also great.
- Plenty of memorable episodes like Happy Birthdump, We’re Cops!, OMG, Chick Figures, and Real Dudes Bros Night Man.
- It ended perfectly! The series finale is also very heartwarming.
- There are some awful episodes like Terminate-Her, Trash God, Taco Tuesday, The Red Planet and Ocho Muerte.
- Season 4 was mediocre overall, and the Messin' with Sasquatch spin off is bad.
- The Register to vote Song, is kinda bland.
- Characters like Red and Pink can be unlikeable sometimes.
- Like Regular Show, the theme song is too short. (It’s only 10 seconds long.)
- Mild overuse of unfunny gross-out humour.
- In 2012, Keller was nominated for an Annie Award for Directing in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production for the episode titled "Kung Fu Winners".