Disney XD (TV channel)
Disney XD is an American pay television channel which is owned by The Walt Disney Company through Disney Channels Worldwide. Aimed primarily at children ages 6–15, its programming consists of original first-run television series, current and former original series and made-for-TV films from sister network Disney Channel, theatrically-released films, and acquired programs from other distributors. The channel offers an alternate Spanish-language audio feed, either via a separate channel with the English track removed as part of a package of Spanish-language television networks sold by subscription providers or a separate audio track accessible through the SAP option, depending on the provider. As of January 2016, Disney XD is available to 77.5 million households in the United States.
Why It's Comin' To You On Your T-V!
- Unlike Disney Channel, which was a family-oriented TV channel, Disney XD was The Walt Disney Company's answer to the world's number one children's TV network owned by Paramount, Nickelodeon.
- Their logo is very cool and creative.
- The idea that Disney creates a channel that focused about boys and girls' live-action shows, and boy-oriented animated comedies was good.
- Since the success of the premiere of Star vs. the Forces of Evil, it quickly drifted from the male-oriented programming, to children's programming, in a favor of Nickelodeon and Universal Kids.
- They had many great cartoons, like Phineas and Ferb, Yin Yang Yo!, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Slugterra, Motorcity, Tron: Uprising, Wander Over Yonder, The 7D, Gravity Falls, Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Right Now Kapow, Milo Murphy's Law, DuckTales (2017) and Space Chickens in Space.
- After Disney bought Marvel and Lucasfilm, they had some good cartoons from both studios, like The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Ultimate Spider-Man, Star Wars Rebels, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures.
- Live-action shows work better now on Disney XD than Toon Disney, and they had plenty of good ones, like Aaron Stone, Zeke and Luther, I'm in the Band, Pair of Kings, Kickin' It, Lab Rats, Mighty Med, Kirby Buckets, Gamer’s Guide To Pretty Much Everything, Lab Rats: Elite Force, and Mech-X4.
- The live-action shows were generally considered better than Disney Channel and Nickelodeon’s line-ups of that era.
- They also had an anime block, which aired good anime shows like Naruto Shippuden, Pokémon, Beyblade Burst, and Yo-Kai Watch.
- All 5 of their movies: Skyrunners, Bunks, Slugterra: Ghoul from Beyond, Pants on Fire and Mark & Russell's Wild Ride are all decent/good films from the channel.
- Although it did went downhill in 2021, two new shows, G.O.A.T. and Eye Wonder, premiered on November 6 as their new original shows, which means that Disney XD will go back to their old roots once 2022 goes on.
- It replaced Toon Disney and Jetix because of business practices.
- The channel is available in far fewer households than the Disney Channel, so shown on the network are often doomed to low levels of viewership.
- They had made some bad or mediocre shows like Crash & Bernstein, Avengers Assemble (Marvel), Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. (Marvel), Pickle and Peanut, Walk the Prank, Future-Worm!, Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer, Spider-Man (2017; Marvel), Star Wars Resistance (Lucasfilm), Atomic Puppet, Boyster, Camp Lakebottom, Sonic Underground, and, infamously, Two More Eggs.
- Beginning in 2020, Disney began shutting their Disney channels down in certain countries to make people buy Disney+, which is not good.
- While Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, and Wander Over Yonder are all still really good shows for the channel, all three of them are now seen as an example that Disney turned the channel into a dumping ground for those shows.
- While they did air Pokémon from 2016-2021, the only seasons from the anime that aired were only the Sun and Moon anime. No other seasons made a comeback to Disney XD.
- After Sun and Moon finished broadcasting in March 2020, the anime no longer airs due to Season 23 going into Netflix. Of course, this is not 100% a bad thing all the time, but still it's actually quite sad to see the Pokémon anime not do both streaming and television anymore now that Disney got rid of their anime block since 2021.
- D|XP was a horrible gaming block to the point where it showed highly inappropriate scenes for the targeted general audience and spawned some of the most infamous shows Disney XD had to offer, such as Player Select, Parker Plays(despite being decent), The IGN Show, and Polaris Primetime.
- The channel went downhill for a bit in 2021, after their last original shows: DuckTales (2017) and Big Hero 6: The Series ended, so they no longer had original programming for a while (they had acquired shows during this period like 101 Dalmatian Street and GhostForce) until November 6, when G.O.A.T. and Eye Wonder premiered. Despite that minor dip in quality, 2021 was not a bad year for the channel.
- It also doesn't help that many international Disney XD feeds are being shut down by Disney, just so they can focus on Disney+, as said before.
- The channel was not to be confused with Disney XD (Xtreme Digital), was a magic Web portal that has Disney content such as videos and music, it allowed registered users to created their own personalized channels back in 2007.