Do You Princess Toadstool Take this Koopa...? (The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!)
"Do You Princess Toadstool Take this Koopa...?" is the nineteenth episode of The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! from DiC Entertainment's Super Mario cartoon trilogy. Its corresponding live-action segment is "Mario Hillbillies".
In order to free the Super Mario Bros. and the Mushroom People, Princess Toadstool agrees to marry Koopa, which would make him the legal ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom.
Why It Rocks
- This episode is pretty shocking, as Princess Toadstool agrees to marry King Koopa in order to free Toad, Mario, Luigi and the Mushroom people, as he turns the Mushroom people and Toad, who have been turned into rocks, back to normal. This actually gives Mario and Luigi time to escape and help find a way to stop the wedding.
- Great voice acting, and is also one of the few times where Toad’s voice is passable.
- The animation in this episode is brilliant, as is the case with many series produced by DiC Entertainment.
- A lot of funny moments, some of which even spawned internet memes, such as King Koopa being embarrassed by his Mom, and also when Koopa’s army tries their best to make music.
- There are a lot of memorable quotes, such as Mario’s "That’s just what the plumber ordered, Super Mario and Super Luigi" line.
- All of the action sequences are both thrilling and exciting at the same time.
- King Koopa is a very funny villain in this episode, and even has some very funny lines of dialogue too.
- His mom, Mrs. Koopa, and his minions in the episode, Mouser, Koopa Troopas, and Tryclyde, are also pretty funny, especially since this is the only time in the franchise we know that Koopa (Bowser) even had a mom.
- King Koopa is his evil self as always, turning the mushroom people back into rocks behind the Princess’ back, but Mario and Luigi saw it as they escaped and came up with a plan to tell the princess everything.
- Mario and Luigi disguised as caterers, brought the Toad rock to King Koopa’s wand, and used up its magic to make themselves become Super Mario and Super Luigi, and turn Toad back to normal.
- Toad led the brothers to the wedding and defeated King Koopa and his army, telling the Princess everything, leading to the Princess abandoning the wedding.
- A good ending where our heroes are freed and King Koopa is punished by his mother.
- "Koopums." "Yes, Mama?" "Go sit in the corner for 6 days."
"Do You Princess Toadstool Take this Koopa...?" got mixed reviews from critics, and positive reviews from audiences, and fans of the Super Mario franchise. It holds a 5.9/10 rating on IMDb.com.