Doc McStuffins is an American-Irish animated children's television series produced by Brown Bag Films. It was created and executive produced by Chris Nee and premiered on March 23, 2012 on Disney Channel and Disney Junior.
Dottie "Doc" McStuffins is a nurturing 6-year-old girl who cares for stuffed animals and toys in her playhouse clinic. When she puts on her stethoscope, something magical happens -- toys, dolls and stuffed animals come to life and she can communicate with them. Like any good doctor, Doc has assistants helping her at her clinic. Her stuffed animal friends who assist Doc include exceedingly proud dragon Stuffy, cuddly best friend Lambie and caring hippo nurse Hallie. Whether it's loose stitching, low batteries or a blow-up toy that has sprung a leak, Doc and her friends are there to fix up the stuffed animals and toys.
Why It Rocks
- Great 3D CGI animation, just like Vampirina.
- Almost every single character design is adorable.
- The idea of a 6-year-old who runs a clinic for toys is not only creative, but extremely cute.
- Breaks stereotypes, as it shows that girls can take on more advanced jobs like doctors, other than princesses.
- Promotes creativity, imagination and caring for others' well-being.
- Very likable characters, such as Stuffy, Hallie, Lambie, Chilly and Doc herself.
- Catchy and educational songs, such as "Everyone Gets Hurt Sometimes" and "Be Good To Your Tummy".
- Awesome voice acting, especially from Lara Jill Miller and Kiara Muhammad.
- Sometimes tackles mature topics such as cancer.
- Some of the songs can come off as preachy.
- Some running gags such as where Stuffy always tries to be cool, and Chilly always thinks he's gonna melt, forgetting he is a toy come off as repetitive.
- Some of the character designs are cheesy.
- Referenced in Parks and Recreation.
- Doc McStuffins was the first show commissioned for Disney's rebranded Disney Junior block, which replaced Playhouse Disney on Disney Channel.
- Loretta Devine plays nurse Hallie Hippo. She played Adele Webber on Grey's Anatomy from 2005-2013.
- Lara Jill Miller, the voice of Lambie and Grey DeLisle, the voices of Lula and Gracie would later star in The Loud House</nowiki> (2016), as the voices of Lisa Loud, Lola Loud, Lana Loud and Lily Loud respectively.
- Zooey Deschanel's 1st Disney Junior animated series.
- It once had a crossover with Winnie the Pooh.
- It has the most seasons out of any Disney Junior show, clocking in at five seasons.
Invalid tag extension name: comments