Donkey Kong Island
Donkey Kong Island is a Donkey Kong series, based on the franchise of Nintendo games, created by FreezeFlame22, the creator of Carl and Bowser's Koopalings (formerly Bowser's Children). The first episode was released on 11 August 2019.
The show focuses on two brothers, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, and their lives working for King K. Rool in a warehouse for a living as well dealing with problems outside of work.
Why It Rocks
- Despite not being canon to the actual Donkey Kong series, it portrays the daily life of the characters and their situations very well.
- Well done voice acting as usual, especially from Freezeflame22.
- A LOT of funny moments. Like Carl, it has a balance of a sense of humour and some serious moments.
- Likable characters such as DK, Diddy Kong, Lanky Kong (mostly), Chunky Kong, Dixie Kong, Tiny Kong, King K. Rool, Krusha, Klump, and more.
- It manages to introduce new characters in a way it doesn't make them seem pointless, or take up much spotlight, unlike SMG4's current videos (this depends on how you see them).
- Excellent insults and roasts.
- Hilarious quotes, such as King K. Rool's famous quote: "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!"
- Well made pixelated designs and backgrounds, just like Carl.
- The subplot from Season 1 where Diddy has a crush on Dixie all the way was really awesome. And other subplots throughout the show as well.
- This show, along with Bowser's Koopalings, has a long way to go from each other's shadow due to King K. Rool previously being on there.
- Lanky can be annoying sometimes, and this can be said for Cranky.
- Although most soundtracks are from Donkey Kong, it uses the same amount of Pokémon music like FF22's other shows.
- Again, it occasionally uses pop culture references (as well as recent trends), which can get outdated kind of quickly.
- When Freezeflame22 announced the series at first, it got panned by fans.
- Most of the background characters can be recolors of either the main characters or each other.