Dos Boot (Dexter's Laboratory)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mandark gets inside Dexter's computer system and creates a computer virus, so Dexter must follow him inside and kick him out from cyberspace. However, Dee Dee has other plans in mind.
Why It Should Become A Video Game, Again
- The plot is very creative here, considering that it's an episode from the revival. It has Dexter going inside his computer to remove the virus Mandark created and kick him out from cyberspace - which is very interesting.
- Some emotional moments, such as when Dexter's computer shuts down, Dexter saying "speak to me!" when typing and the computer stuttering "I'm" before shutting down.
- Mandark's face on the computer's inside part screen looks very impressive, along with Dexter and Mandark in 2D pixelated form and Dexter pulling the "help" bar to reveal all the contents.
- Some funny moments/quotes, such as:
- "Hey, where are we? (screaming) We're surrounded by nothing. We're doomed! Trapped for an eternity in a void of complete nothingness, trapped in a casma of emptiness. Trapped, I tell you, trapped!" - Mandark.
- "That's right Fatboy, and it looks like you forgot to empty your trash!"
- "You might as well give up, you pathetic fool. For my geniuses I do mighty and powerful for a stupid fool like yourself".
- The clone button is also impressive along with a giant version and feels similar to the season 1 episodes "DeeDeemensional", "Double Trouble" and "The Big Sister", along with the stylus pen.
- The pictures Dee Dee drew, printed out and hanged on the wall look very detailed and creative.
- As always with season 3, the title card looks generic and bland with a white background with a bubble and Dexter inside it, along with Mandark's laugh still sounding forced.
- Dee Dee is still unlikable here for messing around on Dexter's computer, even if the pictures looked creative.
- This episode inspired the SpongeBob episode "Karen's Virus", which also has SpongeBob and Plankton going into his computer wife, Karen, to retrieve the dangerous virus.