Drake & Josh
Drake & Josh is an American teen sitcom that ran on Nickelodeon from January 11, 2004 until September 16, 2007. The series, created by Dan Schneider, focuses on Drake and Josh, who hang out each other, after suddenly becoming stepbrothers, as Drake and his sister Megan's mother, and Josh's father get married.
Drake Parker and Josh Nichols couldn't be more different, and now that they've become stepbrothers and live in the same house, those differences are all the more obvious. With separate friends and aspirations in high school, the new siblings have unpredictable days and hilarious adventures while getting used to being family.
Why It Found A Way
- Drake and Josh are a hilarious comedy duo.
- The introductions are really hilarious.
- Memorable and hilarious characters like Drake, Josh, Walter, Craig, Eric, and Crazy Steve.
- On top of that, Crazy Steve is one of the best characters in the show. His quotes are also very entertaining and memorable.
- Funny jokes and gags.
- Plenty of heartwarming moments, like the ending of the episode "Josh Is Done" when Josh doesn't want to deal with Drake anymore, Drake apologizes, and they become close again.
- The theme song is very catchy.
- Entertaining intro with Drake and Josh talking about their discussions.
- The episode where they parody the Blues Brothers is awesome.
- The finale of the show, "Really Big Shrimp", had memorable moments such as Josh finally getting promoted as a Gold Vest in the premiere, Drake's Remarkable "Makes Me Happy" Song, being played in the Daka Commercial, and the famous shrimp fight.
- It created tons of memorable quotes, including "I'm pressing it!" and "Drake where's the doorhole?".
- Its TV films, Go Hollywood and Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh, are fun and entertaining to watch.
- Some jokes are too mean-spirited.
- Unlikable characters like Megan Parker, Helen Dubois, Alice Hayfer, Mindy Crenshaw and Thornton Locke.
- Megan's constant pranks on Drake and Josh as well as her penchant of getting them in trouble just for fun while she almost always gets off scot-free can be undeniably irritating. Additionally, she never gets any punishments for her ungrateful actions throughout the series.
- Audrey and Walter are no better than Megan since they often favor her and never listen to Drake and Josh.
- Some bad episodes like "Theatre Thug" and "Peruvian Puff Pepper".
- This show will likely not age well by today's standards due to the suspicious actions of creator Dan Schneider, as well as the fact that Josh Peck has admit to the public that he and Drake Bell were never actually friends.
Episodes With Their Own Pages
In March 2019, Bell announced that he and Peck were working on a Drake & Josh revival that would feature both of them reprising their roles. The proposed project would have featured similar characters and scenarios in a more adult, comedic way. At the time, Bell and Peck were in discussions with several networks about the project. In October 2021, it was reported that the revival had been cancelled, as a result of production delays and Bell's attempted child endangerment.