Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2th Century (Looney Tunes)
Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2th Century is a 1953 Merrie Melodies cartoon starring Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, and Marvin the Martian, it was directed by Chuck Jones and written by Mike Maltese.
Why It Rocks
- A lot of creative and beautiful visuals.
- Great animation for it’s time.
- Mel Blanc as usual does a very wonderful performance.
- Daffy still steals the entire show like he does in most of his cartoons.
- A lot of funny and witty jokes.
- Daffy and Marvin's rivalry against each other on this cartoon was very funny and enjoyable.
- Carl Stalling does a flawless job with the music.
- Great stylized backgrounds by Maurice Noble.
- The cartoon has received several sequels as well as it’s own TV series; Duck Dodgers.
Reception and Legacy
In 1994, Duck Dodgers was voted #4 of the 50 Greatest Cartoons of all time by members of the animation field.
In 2004, at Noreascon 4, the 62nd World Science Fiction Convention, it was retrospectively nominated for a Retro Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation—Short Form.
- George Lucas was a fan of this cartoon and wanted it to play before the original Star Wars film during it's initial run in theaters.