Eddsworld is an independent British web comedic flash animation and artistic media production series that was created by Edd Gould in 2004 and ran until 2016, but came back on 1st August 2020.
An optimistic Brit named Edd constantly gets into crazy and weird situations, adventures and hi-jinks with his three friends, Matt, Tom and Tord. However, ever since Tord left, (since 2008) Edd was only left with his two friends, Matt and Tom.
Why It Rocks
- Ever since the tragedy (Edd Gould dying of cancer in 2012), the series still kept on running until 2016, which shows the inspiring determination of the other managers of the show who had to deal with Edward Gould's death. Edd was even given a new voice actor (Tim Hauntekiet), who stayed true to Edd's character.
- Speaking of which, Eddsworld has great voice actors who are passionate about their roles.
- The Flash animation really improved over the years.
- Likable characters, such as the three main characters, Edd, Matt and Tom.
- Creative and funny episode names, such as WTFuture and The Snogre.
- Great villains, such as Eduardo, Zanta Claws and Tord.
- Awesomely creative and surreal adventures.
- Hilarious gags. For example, whenever there's a flashback, a crowd singing "flaaaashbaaack" is heard in the background, and some of the jokes are actually references to the voice actors. For example, ASDF Land is based on the popular black-and-white web cartoon, asdfmovie, which was created by Tom.
- Despite being a show aimed at teens and adults, the show rarely includes qualities of an average adult cartoon (violence, sexual content etc.), so it mainly focuses on the characters and the humor, which is still well received by its target audience.
- The End was a funny and emotional finale to Tom's contribution to the series, especially considering it returned an old fan favorite, Tord, in a different kind of way.
- A heartwarming catchphrase coming from Edd himself. "It's pretty swell."
- A gag when Edd drinking a can of Coca-Cola will always be kept (since it was his favourite drink.)
- Some Brilliant references, hence, Edd, Tom, Matt, and Tord going to the top of the Coca-Cola caravan truck away from Zanta Claws based on the 1995 Coca-Cola commercial from the 2007 Eddisode: "Zanta Claws."
- Tom's constant hate for Christmas can get offensive and annoying.
- Considering the series started out on Newgrounds, the animation in the earlier episodes started out really slow. But it still had a nice charm to it.
- We never did find out the truth about Tom's eyes.
- Sometimes the episodes are not that well-structured.
- Todd Bryanton, aka LilDeuceDeuce, made the Eddsworld and asdfmovie music.
- Professor Why, a parody of Doctor Who, is a running gag in the series.
- The last episode Edd Gould made was Space Face.
- Thomas claimed that the show will now be handled by Edd's friends and family. However Matt is now the one handling the show in 2020.
- An Eddsworld fan movie was announced, but was cancelled in 2020 as it came back the same year and Matt would've sued the creators of the fan movie.
- Thomas claimed that The End Part 2 was a metaphor for how Edd's cancer came back and destroyed everything that they had developed together.
- Despite the show ended in 2016, it came back on 1st August 2020 for a new Eddisode "Fan Service 2" as that marks the start of the "Beyond" era of Eddsworld.
- The special Eddisode "Climate Change" from 2009 is made during the opening ceremony for the 2009 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen.
- The different, unfinished clip from the Eddisode "PowerEdd" (released on 31st December 2014) was first premiered at MCM London Comic-Con experience at ExCel London back in 2014.
- An unfinished opening sequence for The End "Part 1" (released on 9th March 2016) was first premiered at MCM London Comic-Con experience at ExCel London back in 2015, during Tom's panel stating that "The End" that was released "early next year." (which was 2016.)