El Chapulin Colorado Animado
El Chapulín Colorado Animado is a Mexican animated series based on the live-action show of the same name, originally created by Roberto Gómez Bolaños. The show is produced by Ánima Estudios, who also produced El Chavo Animado, another animated adaptation of one of Bolaños' works.
Why It's More Agile Than A Turtle, Stronger Than A Mouse, Nobler Than A Lettuce, Its Shield Is A Heart
- This remake fixes El Chavo Animado issues. This for WIR's to come.
- Although the animation still be somewhat bland, at least it shows more effort and work in the characters movements and the backgrounds.
- Related to the above, they use more varied and original designs.
- Unlike El Chavo Animado that since season 3 had a silly humor and nonsense cartoon comedy, in this one it's more faithful to the original show with a more realistic white humor and it isn't infantilized.
- Its characters are just as likable as in the original series.
- No contaban con mi astucia.
- The dub and voice talent is great and almost all voices are identified as in the original show.
- It has some pretty funny moments as Chapulin Colorado fights with the villains.
- The theme song is great as the original one and the rest of the soundtrack is ok.
- Contrary to El Chavo Animado, this show only lasts 11 minutes per episode so it also fixes the problem of unnecessary filler moments in that show.
- One of the main reasons why this show gave better results to make it an animated adaptation than with El Chavo, is because El Chapulín Colorado is an action and adventure series, while El Chavo del Ocho is based more on realistic comedy.
- Chapulin Colorado's sentence "No contaban con mi astucia", while still iconic, can get very annoying to listen to it over and over again.
- The animation still has some issues. For example, some movements are recycled, specially when Chapulin Colorado says "No contaban con mi astucia".
- Some villains designs might be creepy to some people.
- It was sadly abandoned by its company Televisa for no reason.
- Sometimes they can be mean to the Chapulín Colorado.