El Dia de los Muertos Estupidos (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
When Billy's dad drives Billy, Mandy and Grim to the hamburger restaurant, they somehow end up in Mexico. There, the people are celebrating Dia de los Muertos, but local kids say it may be the last celebration ever!
Why It Rocks
- The plot is very interesting and creative here, as it has Billy, Mandy and Grim somehow ending up in Mexico and seeing them celebrate Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), but it's the last celebration thanks to an ugly luchador wanting to steal a prehistoric relic, leading to the guys to look for the map.
- Some funny moments, such as when the festival kids think that the Grim Reaper's skeleton face as a mask costume and when the ugly luchador kept tripping on the ghost pirate.
- The backstory the kids tell about Dia de los Muertos is very nice and the Ugly Luchador story is interesting.
- The lucha libre masks look cool along with the skeleton monsters and the valuable Golden Nose of Chipotle.
- A luchador having a treasure map as a birthmark is pretty impressive.
- Billy, Mandy and Grim are likable and tolerable characters. What's surprising is that the first two got flanderized but it's not shown here.
- The writing credits being in Mexican was a pretty neat change.
- Good Ending: Although the canyon splits the people up, the giant luchador plays a guitar song waving goodbye along with Grim, Billy and Harold to their fellow Mexican friends.
- It would have been a great ending to the show if "Heartburn " was the first segment rather than the second.
- Some toilet and gross-out humor here, such as when Harold put his underpants on some cacteye, Billy having a lot of boogers coming out of his nose and most infamously, when Billy found out his butt had a treasure map watermark.
- Plot Hole: How were Billy, Mandy, Grim or Harold not tired from all the driving Harold did to Mexico?