Jump to navigation Jump to search
Elfen Lied is an Biopunk science fantasy manga series created in 2002 by Weekly Young Jump. It was adapted into an anime in 2004 by studio Arms and licensed by ADV in 2005.
Why It Rocks
- It shows the largest flaws of humanity of how corrupt, hypocritical, and power-hungry the dark side of humanity can be.
- Great art style that makes it feel like its something from CLAMP.
- Good animation and visuals.
- It also shows that discrimination can lead to the worst of things such as war, murder, loneliness, fear and death.
- Great story to show if we fix the flaws humanity has caused, the world would be a better place.
- Mature content and themes used in a good and narrative reason.
- Great opening and ending theme.
- The opening sequence used a beautiful and art like background inspired by Gustav Klimt.
- Likable characters such as Lucy (yes, she did do evil things but her past explains why she has done them and she also did good things as well),Kohta, and Yuka.
- Many flashbacks to give more information about the story and characters.
- The lighthearted scenes are used to show there's still a lot of positive things in humanity.
- The series can be pointed out as too edgy for some due to its excessive usage of mature content.
- Story can get thin at times.
- Poor Japanese and English voice acting.
- The anime cuts out some things and had a original cliffhanger ending.
- Many of the human antagonists are extremely unlikable and can make some people to stop watching the series.