Elliott From Earth
Elliott from Earth is a British-French-American animated television series created by Guillaume Cassuto, Mic Graves, and Tony Hull for Cartoon Network. The show is produced by Cartoon Network Studios Europe and animated by Miyu Productions and Studio SOI. The series premiered in the United States on March 29, 2021, having been first broadcast in the United Kingdom on March 6, 2021.
At the end of October 2019, Cassuto left during production.
The show centers on a young boy named Elliott who finds himself and his single mother living on a spaceship called The Centrium packed with aliens from all corners of the universe. While trying to work out who brought them there and why they make a new home for themselves and encounter new friends.
Why It Rocks
- Art style that is exactly like The Amazing World of Gumball.
- One of the few Cartoon Network shows that manages to have actual storyline while having a bit of slice-of-life to make it different from other recent slice-of-life CN shows.
- The 4-part episode Wednesday was an amazing start to the show.
- Elliott, Frankie and Mo (mostly) are likable characters, as well as P-45 who was at his best in the extras.
- Ravishing visuals and background artwork.
- The suspense really grips you, despite it being used a bit too much.
- Catchy and light-hearted theme song.
- The ambience is really beautiful as it adds to the tone of the show.
- It borrows a few aspects from Space Chickens in Space, and executed way better.
- As said in WIR#6, the suspense can be a bit overused. At least not as much.
- Mo can occasionally be unlikable and annoying for some viewers.
- Numerous character designs feel generic and uninspired, due to most of them following the same One-eyed and Spherical body concept.