Everybody Hates Chris (Brazilian Dub)
Todo Mundo Odeia o Chris (English: Everybody Hates Chris) is the Brazilian dub of Everybody Hates Chris. The dub was made first in the Brazilian dubbing studio VTI in the first two seasons and later in the seasons 3-4 was transferred to Sérgio Moreno Filmes (the dubbing studio of Brazilian voice actor, Sérgio Moreno) through Artsound, both on Rio de Janeiro.
Why It Rocks
- Very good voicing acting, especially to Bruno Pontes as Chris (seasons 2-4), Gutemberg Barros as Julius, Guilene Conte as Rochelle, Rodrigo Antas as Drew (seasons 2-4), Fernanda Crispim as Tonya (seasons 3-4) and Diogo Ferreira (season 1) and Erick Bougleux (seasons 2-4) as Greg.
- The other characters are also well dubbed, like Flávia Fontenelle as Tasha, Fernando Lopes as Jerome, the late Hamilton Ricardo as Uncle Michael, Christiane Louise as Mrs. Morello, Mário Tupinambá as Risky, Bruno Rocha as Doc (seasons 3-4), Marcus Júnior as Caruso (seasons 2-4) and José Santa Cruz as Mr. Omar.
- Philippe Maia as Chris Rock in the narration of the series in the Brazilian dubbing is very funny. The Brazilian references he says makes his narration more funny, despite the Brazilian references were not in the narration of the original version.
- The series quotes are translated very well like: Eu não preciso disso, meu marido tem dois empregos!, Cara, você é muito louco, Não fui eu, Trágico, Carinha que mora logo ali, GRANDE HOMEM!!! and the famous one that become very known in the Brazilian internet: Achou que eu tava brincando!?!?.
- Not only the series quotes are translated very well, but some phrases that the characters say are translated very well too like Arrebentou a boca do balão and Papa fetos.
The Only Bad Quality
- Had some dubbing gaffes.