Evil Con Carne
Evil Con Carne is an American animated series/spin-off of Grim & Evil and sister show of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, created by Maxwell Atoms. The series first appeared on Cartoon Network during the show Grim & Evil, along with The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. The two series later became separate programs in 2003. While The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy ran for six seasons, Evil Con Carne only ran for fourteen episodes and ended on October 22, 2004. It was also part of Cartoon Network's brand, Cartoon Cartoons, and is the 15th and final cartoon of the series (albeit when it was part of Grim & Evil, due to the Cartoon Cartoons brand being temporarily discontinued earlier in October 2003; the show itself is considered by some to be a Cartoon Cartoon regardless). An official series finale, titled "Company Halt", aired on March 16, 2007.
Why It Rocks
- Nice animation just like in Maxwell Atoms' other show The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy in season one.
- Interesting and great plots, such as "The Pie Who Loved Me"
- Likable characters, such as Hector Con Carne, Boskov, and Major Doctor Ghastly.
- Nice 3D style animation at times as well.
- Good humor.
- The main characters (Hector Con Carne, Skarr, Ghastly, Stomach, and Boskow) have made cameos in The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
- The running gag of Cod Commando trying to stop Hector Con Carne in some episodes is an effective and enjoyable one.
- The opening sequence was really cool.
- The animation in season 2, while not bad, has started making the show slowly go downhill.
- General Skarr and Estroy can be pretty unlikable at times.
- The only weak episode is "Tiptoe Through the Tulips".
- It got cancelled after 2 seasons, which is quite disappointing.
- Much like the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, the continuity isn’t that great. sometimes, characters get stuck in a situation impossible to get out of or suffer from things that can't be undone, only for things to go back to normal the next episode.