Family Feud is an American game show created by Mark Goodson, first airing on July 12, 1976 on ABC. It has aired in several incarnations since then.
The show itself is a spin-off of Match Game's Super Match segment, which itself was also created by Goodson.
List some things that are Good about Family Feud.
- Richard Dawson and Ray Combs were great hosts. Steve Harvey also deserves a special mention.
- Amazing format, with a unique concept of families trying to answer survey questions.
- Great sets.
- Catchy theme songs.
- The UK version entitled Family Fortunes was great, and even had its own share of great hosts in Bob Monkhouse, Les Dennis, Vernon Kay (who hosted All Star Family Fortunes), and Gino D'Acampo.
- Some hilarious moments, including the famous "September" and "Naked Grandma!" episodes.
- Louie Anderson and Richard Karn weren't good hosts. Same can also be said for Max Bygraves and Andy Collins when they were the hosts for Family Fortunes.
- Ever since the show was revived in 1999, the adult jokes and humor have been quite divisive, especially in the current Steve Harvey version (sometimes going beyond the TV-PG rating)
- John O'Hurley (the host from 2006-2010) even criticized the adult humor years after he left the show, saying Family Feud wasn’t “family-friendly” enough.
- Adding unnecessary gimmicks, notably the "Bullseye"/"Bankroll" round from 1992 to 1995.