Family Matters is an American sitcom that aired from 1989 to 1998, it was originally a spin-off of the series Perfect Strangers, which aired from 1986 to 1993.
The series revolves around the Winslow family and the exploits of their next-door neighbor Steve Urkel.
Why It Rocks
- The Winslow family is quite interesting and really funny.
- Carl Winslow, is a short-tempered but well meaning father and police officer.
- Harriette Winslow is a hard-working mother and mediates conflicts within the family.
- Edward "Eddie" Winslow is a rebellious slacker who over time, has become a responsible person.
- Laura Winslow is a smart, independent girl who is focused with her education.
- Judy Winslow is the youngest daughter who is close with her older sister Laura.
- Estelle "Mother" Winslow is the grandmother of the family who likes to keep up with trends and is nicest to Steve.
- Steve Urkel is an example of a silly and nerdy character, he can be obnoxious and annoying but still lovable.
- Steve Urkel and Laura Winslow both have amazing chemistry.
- Steve's alter-ego, Stefan Urquelle, is just as funny and makes great laughs.
- "Did I do that?"
- The gags in this TV show are very amusing and entertaining, such as Steve's laughing.
- There are many great and hilarious moments where characters help save each others lives, such as Lt. Murtaugh cutting the right wire on a booby-trapped treadmill and Steve saving Carl from getting murdered by a wanted robber in the hospital.
- Judy Winslow, the youngest child played by Jaimee Foxworth, was removed from the show with no explanation whatsoever, with the reason being a "budget consideration".
- Steve's southern belle cousin Myrtle Urkel can be seen as obnoxious and annoying by some.
- The show would later go downhill in later seasons especially during the time the show was on CBS.
- Steve's voice can get very annoying at times.
- Steve Urkel is named after Steve Erkel, a writer and director who is the friend of co-creator Michael Warren.
- Jaleel White, voice actor of Steve Urkel, is also Sonic the Hedgehog in the three Sonic TV shows.