Festival de Desenhos
Festival de Desenhos was a Brazilian children's television program produced and shown by Rede Globo. It was shown between 1981 and 2015, as a kind of plug-hole at the channel. Do not be confused with another children's block of the same name, shown on SBT between 1996-2000.
Why It Rocks
- Despite being a plug-hole kids programming block, the block was enjoyable to watch if you have satellite dish.
- It was also aired during the early mornings after Corujão and Intercine and before Sítio do Pica-Pau Amarelo and TV Xuxa in 2007 on national Rede Globo. Even aired as Christmas and at the turn of 2013 to 2014 specials, airing specials related to these dates.
- It aired many good cartoons, including ones from Nickelodeon and Disney, like My Life as a Teenage Robot, The Wild Thornberrys, Darkwing Duck, Quack Pack, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil and from other companies like Heckle and Jeckle, Atomic Betty and The Little Lulu Show.
- They also aired non-cartoon shows and anime like Power Rangers, Pokémon (Season 7 only) and Sonic X (Season 3 only).
- Great hosting of Deborah Secco in 2001 until 2003.
- Despite being short, the 2001-2015 intro is considered awesome, due of its action soundtrack.
- Almost of the shows that the block aired, had their openings and end credits shortened, because Rede Globo does this with the imported shows and films since 1984.