G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero is an animated television series created by Sunbow Productions, based on Hasbro toy line G.I. Joe. It ran for two mini-series from 1983 to 1984 and for two seasons from 1985 to 1986.
The series follows the adventures of the G.I. Joe, the codename for America's daring, highly trained special mission force. It's purpose, to defend human freedom against Cobra, a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.
Why it Rocks
- It's faithful and perfect to the source material.
- Great voice acting.
- Awesome animation.
- Memorable villains look evil and awesome.
- Great music choices, especially the opening themes.
- Amazing, funny and memorable characters.
- Often mocked rival franchises such as The Simpsons, Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
- In Season 2, Serpentor was created by Dr. Mindbender. But without Sun-Tzu's DNA, Serpentor is extremely impulsive for to take to the world. And Cobra Commander hates him, trying to eliminate him.
- The animation for some episodes of Season 2 was awful.
- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero was not only popular in the United States of America, it was also popular in Europe (especially in Italy), too.
- This show is also produced by Toei Animation.