Galactik Football is a French animated television series in 78 episodes of 23 minutes, created by Charles Barrez and Vincent Vandelli and broadcast between May 27, 2006 and March 1, 2011
A futuristic football team, the Snow Kids, will try to win the Galactik Football Cup for their planet Akillian, after being recruited by a football legend. They will have to face many much more seasoned teams.
Why It Rocks
- A truly original and super interesting plot centered on an intergalactic football tournament.
- The CGI and flash animation is really decent for 2006 standards.
- A really excellent credits which has even become cult in the French community.
- Speaking of music, this show has one of the best musical themes in French animation.
- The show remains serious throughout the series thanks to its plot.
- Iconic and truly endearing characters.
- She has excellent finals with the exception of season 3.
- Overall it is one of the most iconic French shows of the generation.
- Similar to Winx Club, the entire original series is considered the most hated, overrated, and forgettable by some people.
- The show went downhill in Season 3 due to poor animation and a bitter ending.
- There is a plot hole at the very beginning of the series as we learn that no one controls the breath anymore except one of the Snow Kids controls it.
- Some of the characters have weird names like D'Jok or Micro-Ice.
- The series ended on a cliffhanger with no sequel as Mei and Micro-Ice along with several children disappear due to a malfunction in the holo-trainer, a virtual training machine and we never knew if they survived.
Galactik Football holds a 7.8/10 on IMDb with over 3000 people voting it has even earned it a cult following by many.