Game of Thrones (Seasons 1-7)
Game of Thrones is an American fantasy drama television series created by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss for HBO. It is an adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire, a series of fantasy novels by George R. R. Martin, the first of which is A Game of Thrones. It premiered on HBO in the United States on April 17, 2011, and concluded on May 19, 2019, with 73 episodes broadcast over eight seasons. Many critics and publications have named the show as one of the best television series of all time.
Game of Thrones is roughly based on the storylines of the A Song of Ice and Fire book series by George R. R. Martin, set in the fictional Seven Kingdoms of Westeros and the continent of Essos. The series utilizes several simultaneous plot lines. The first story arc follows a dynastic conflict among competing claimants for succession to the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms, with other noble families fighting for independence from the throne. The second covers the exiled scion's actions to reclaim the throne; the third chronicles the threat of the impending winter, as well as the legendary creatures and fierce peoples of the North. Showrunner David Benioff jokingly suggested "The Sopranos in Middle-earth" as Game of Thrones' tagline, referring to its intrigue-filled plot and dark tone in a fantasy setting of magic and dragons.
Why These Seasons Rock
- Without giving too much away, Game of Thrones has the finest plot in any TV show because audiences instantly become immersed in a vast and epic world without ever losing sight of the memorable characters that populate it.
- A lot of effects in the show looks realistic and visually stunning by the thinks of it, this means you can get hyper excited to see what happens during the show.
- The characters in these seasons used to be good for various reasons like Tyrion originally being likable and intelligent during these previous seasons.
- While the theme song has no lyrics, it's a perfectly nice theme song which is like a good background music for videos.
- The show has a number of 100 casts, all of which did a great job with the show until the downfall of the show.
- Tons of emotional scenes exist in the show as well even if it's a fighting show.
- The cinematography is fantastic.
- There’s excitement, mystery and uncertainty shroud every minute.
- Good production quality.
- It's hard to choose one favourite character in Game of Thrones because everyone gets their moment to shine.
- The music score is pretty good especially the theme song.
- The locations that are used are absolutely stunning.
- The writing is great.
- The acting is phenomenal particularly from Peter Dinklage since he won an Emmy for best supporting actor in a drama series a few times.
- With every passing season, the scale and scope of the show only gets bigger.
- The action scenes are top notched.
- TTSW was a big disappointment for many critics and fans.
- Too much nudity and violence including sexual violence.
- Season 7 has some problems such as plot armor, nonsensical scenes, and plot holes.
- There are some lighting issues since season 6.
Game of Thrones, particularly the first seven seasons, received critical acclaim, although the series' frequent use of nudity and violence has been criticized. The series has an overall rating of 89 percent on Rotten Tomatoes.