Gekisou Sentai Carranger
Gekisou Sentai Carranger (激走戦隊カーレンジャー Gekisō Sentai Kārenjā, translated into English as Racing Squadron Carranger) was Toei's 20th production of the Super Sentai television series. Its footage was used in the American Power Rangers Turbo. Carranger was unique in its nature, due to being a Sentai series that is portrayed as a parody of the Sentai genre itself.
Why It Rocks
- One of the few light-hearted Sentai......... in a good way.
- It was a massive improvement over their predecessor (Chouriki Sentai Ohranger) and even Kousoku Sentai Turboranger.
- Any genre you name, Comedy, Parody, Dark, Drama, Light-hearted, and many more, you name it. It perfectly throws them into a blender to make a delicious mix.
- The Core Rangers are all likeable especially Kyosuke Jinnai/Red Racer.
- The suits are pretty decent.
- Two catchiest theme songs.
- Brilliant acting will make you laugh out loud.
- The Crossover with Ohranger was decent.
- The final episode was decent at best.
- Its Power Rangers adaptation (Turbo) was faithful to the source material itself.
- It had a team-up with Denji Sentai Megaranger.
- Some awkward moments.
- While many western fans believe Carranger is the Season that saved Super Sentai from cancellation, this is a misconception and has no basis in fact. Carranger actually did worse in ratings than Ohranger, it was only during the last 3rd of the Season did the ratings finally began to improve.