Get Ed is an American-Canadian computer-animated television series which debuted in 2005 that aired as a part of the Jetix.
In the series, Ed is an "electro-genetically" enhanced teen who works for Dojo Deliveries, a courier service, in the futuristic Progress City. Ed uses his cyber sleuthing skills to thwart identity theft and other information-based crimes. He and his courier pals Burn, Deets, Fizz, and Loogie (accompanied by his puppet Dr. Pinch), along with their friend and mentor Ol’ Skool, must battle the ultimate evil – Bedlam, an industrialist who has taken over a significant portion of Progress City, by means of stealing from, datamining, or outright destroying his competitors.
Why It Rocks
- One of Jetix's best shows to ever aired.
- The voice acting is decent.
- Great animation that has aged well.
- Great story lines.
- It shares with between Futurama and Cyberchase, expect this one has some teach some lessons.
- Bedlam was a quite antagonist in the show.
- Some likable characters, such as Ed, Burn, Deets, Fizz, Loogie and Ol' Skool.
- Great action scenes.
- The intro itself was awesome.
- Some heartwarming moments, such as Ol' Skool seemingly gives his life to stop Bedlam from destroying the city, the series ends with the kids having to pick up the pieces of what remains of the lives that they used to know.
- Speaking of which, Ex-Machina was a epic finale.
- Despite receiving stellar ratings and postive reviews from critics, the show as not renewed for a second season.
- Even worse, Andy Knight, creator of Get Ed, died on April 10, 2008, having the show to end with an unresolved cliffhanger.
- Loogie, while being funny, he and his puppet Dr. Pinch can be very annoying sometimes.
A second season almost happened, which would've resolved the cliffhanger ending by likely revealing that both Ol'Skool and Bedlam survived but it never materialized due to the show being Screwed by the Network. Any plans for it to resume was scrapped after Andy Knight's death in 2008.