Girl Meets World
Girl Meets World is an American teen sitcom created by Michael Jacobs and April Kelly that aired on Disney Channel from June 27, 2014 to January 20, 2017. The series is a spinoff of Boy Meets World and stars Rowan Blanchard, Ben Savage, Sabrina Carpenter, Peyton Meyer, August Maturo, Danielle Fishel, and Corey Fogelmanis.
The series centers around the life of a young teen girl, Riley Matthews, and her friends and family, particularly their school life, in which her father Cory is their history teacher. Riley shares a strong relationship with her best friend Maya Hart, who assists her in learning to cope with the social and personal issues of adolescence.
It has been several years since Cory and Topanga Matthews moved to New York City. The series follows their daughter, Riley Matthews, and her best friend, Maya Hart, as they navigate the challenges of life and school. Following along with them are their classmates, Lucas Friar and Farkle Minkus, and Riley's younger brother, Auggie.
Why Riley Takes On The World!
- The theme song, "Take On the World" by Sabrina Carpenter, is very catchy.
- Good set designs.
- Extremely faithful to the original show, Boy Meets World.
- Good acting, mainly from Rowan Blanchard, Sabrina Carpenter, and other cast members.
- Likable characters, including the good-girl Riley, the bad-girl Maya, Riley's little brother Auggie, and Farkle. Cory and Topanga are still likable in this show.
- Several Boy Meets World cast members reprise their roles in the series, including Mr. Feeny, Eric Matthews, and Shawn Hunter.
- Austin & Ally do a cameo appearance in the episode "Girl Meets World of Terror 2".
- Riley and Maya's friendship is very heartwarming. As a matter of fact, the friendship amongst Riley, Maya, Farkle, Lucas, Smackle, and Zay is very heartwarming and they have great chemistry with each other.
- Farkle and Smackle's relationship is the only tolerable ship on the show and they don't have that much drama.
- Tackles mature topics, like if God is real or not, and bullying.
- Plenty of good morals and heartwarming scenes.
- Riley's little brother Auggie is so cute.
- While the outfit choices were pretty good, Maya's outfits in Season 3 inspires the '70s with a modern twist.
- The series finale "Girl Meets Goodbye" ended it on a high note.
- The love triangle amongst Riley, Maya, and Lucas can get very tiresome.
- It can be too cheesy/preachy at times.
- Riley can be a little brat at times
- Excessive amounts of queer-baiting.
- The laugh track plays nonstop.
- It received controversy for a hamfisted anti-communist episode and an episode where the characters react negatively to Farkle possibly having Asperger's (he doesn't, as it turns out).
- It is the first Disney Channel show during the 2014 logo change era.
- Sabrina Carpenter, actress of Maya Hart was also Melissa Chase on Milo Murphy's Law.