Go, Diego, Go!
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Best Shows & Episodes Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Generic pointers
Go, Diego, Go! is an American animated educational interactive children's television program that premiered on Nickelodeon on September 6, 2005 in the United States and produced by Nickelodeon Animation Studio. Created and executive produced by Chris Gifford and Valerie Walsh Valdes, the series is a spin-off of Dora the Explorer and follows Dora's cousin Diego, an 8-year-old boy whose adventures frequently involve rescuing animals and protecting their environment.
The show features eight-year-old Diego who rescues animals around the world. His cousin is Dora (Kathleen Herles) from Dora the Explorer, as revealed in multiple shows, usually without Boots by her side. Diego was first introduced in an episode of Dora the Explorer entitled "Meet Diego!" (originally voiced by brothers Andres and Felipe Dieppa). Diego has a jaguar companion named Baby Jaguar (voiced by Thomas Sharkey) who assists him in rescuing the animals. Baby Jaguar also appears in Dora the Explorer but inconsistently, on Go, Diego, Go! he takes a more active role, which includes being able to speak.
Why It Is An Animal Rescuer
- The "Animal Rescuer" trope used in the show is pretty creative, considering how unused the concept is.
- The characters are pretty likable, especially Diego himself and Alicia.
- The show's good at teaching kids about animals and how to identify them by their cries.
- The songs in this show are pretty good.
- Good voice acting.
- Baby Jaguar is pretty cute. In fact, he even speaks in this show although he never spoke in Dora the Explorer.
- Speaking of, Dora has made a few guest appearances in the show.
- There are some inaccurate facts about animals, like Sumatran rhinos only living in Borneo, when in fact they actually live in both Sumatra and Borneo.
- Just like its prequel, Diego's constant fourth wall breaking can be considered annoying by older viewers.
- While Baby Jaguar is cute, his catchphrase "Rowl Rowl", can get pretty annoying at times.
- For a spinoff, the premise is unoriginal where it is almost identical to Dora's with a few minor changes.
Go, Diego, Go! got a 4.3/10 on IMDb.
- Diego's voice is high-pitched in this show while in Dora the Explorer, his voice is low.