GoGo Sentai Boukenger
GoGo Sentai Boukenger is the 30th season of Super Sentai and commemorates the 30th anniversary of Super Sentai. It aired during February 19th, 2006 - February 11, 2007. It succeeded Mahou Sentai Magiranger and preceded Juken Sentai Gekiranger.
Powerful relics known as "Precious" have started to appear throughout the world. Despite that, various Negative Syndicates wish to take the Precious for themselves and utilize them for evil means. To make sure that the Precious don't fall into the hands of the Negative Syndicates, the Search Guard Successor Foundation, or SGS, has developed its own special operations team, the Boukengers, who do battle and collect the dangerous Precious.
Why It Rocks
- It was the first Super Sentai series to broadcast in the widescreen (16:9) aspect ratio.
- The show focuses deeply well on the 30th anniversary of Super Sentai.
- In fact, each monster of the week, or even the Negative Syndicates themselves have easter eggs from earlier Super Sentai, for example, the first monster of the week was based on the first mech ever, the Variblune of Himitsu Sentai Goranger and Chronos, the main antagonist of their team-up film was based on Providus of Mirai Sentai Timeranger.
- Archeology is an appropriate theme for the Boukengers considering that they have adventuring-themed machines.
- A firefighter is an appropriate theme for the sixth ranger to contrast archeology given his origin.
- Each of the six Boukengers is based on a certain Super Sentai warrior from the past.
- I: Satoru Akashi/Bouken Red was based on Tsuyoshi Kaijou/Akarenger from the very first Super Sentai season, Himitsu Sentai Gorenger.
- II: Masumi Inou/Bouken Black was based on Gai Yuki/Black Condor from the 15th season, Choujin Sentai Jetman.
- III: Souta Mogami/Bouken Blue was based on Kyousuke Shide/Battle France from the 3rd season, Battle Fever J.
- IV: Natsuki Mamiya/Bouken Yellow was based on Ako Hayasaka/Blue Swallow, also from the 15th season, Choujin Sentai Jetman.
- V: Sakura Nishihori/Bouken Pink was based on Peggy Matsuyama/Momorenger, also from the very first Super Sentai season, Himitsu Sentai Gorenger.
- VI: Eiji Takaoka/Bouken Silver was based on Burai/DragonRanger from the 16th season, Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, which was when the trend of "sixth rangers" started.
- Sakura's bond between both Satoru (As her crush) and Eiji (As a very good friend) is very heartwarming.
- The series throughout has a very serious tone.
- Arch Priest Gajah and Yaiba of Darkness are super intimidating villains.
- The theme song and ending theme are really catchy.
- It aired alongside the well-received Kamen Rider Kabuto.
- Their toy sales were great.
- One of the times where the Pink Ranger is more mature than the Yellow Ranger, and yet still maintained the characters to be likable.
- It had a good crossover with Juken Sentai Gekiranger.
- It introduces the great mascot of Super Sentai, AkaRed. that will become a perfect and likable character for any Sentai anniversary since 2006.
- It's American adaption, Power Rangers Operation Overdrive was badly received.
- The whole team never got to team-up with Mahou Sentai Magiranger.