Godzilla: The Series
Godzilla: The Series is a 1998 animated television series based on the 1998 Godzilla movie that was aired on Fox Kids. It aired 38 of the 40 episodes. It aired from 1998 to 2000.
Dr. Nico Tatopoulos leads a team, known as H.E.A.T, to battle giant monsters with the help of Godzilla's last living offspring.
Why It Rocks
- Compared to the Roland Emmerich film with the same name it was a HUGE improvement
- This version of Godzilla is known to be quick, agile and intelligent given with his new design while keeping the tone with nature for those who are familiar with the original Toho films as it emphasizes and monster battles with the destruction of it’s surroundings.
- Awesome and spine-chilling intro.
- This series has featured many unique monsters that weren’t in the original Godzilla movies owned by Toho which gives it some originality
- It is much more faithful to the original Godzilla than the movie it was based on.
- Decent animation.
- It was just as good as other Godzilla movies.
- The humans on the series are really good as are nicely developed as they interact with Godzilla, especially Dr. Nico Tatopoulos.
The Only Bad Quality
- King Ghidorah, Rodan, Mothra, and other Godzilla monsters from the original films do not appear in the show probably due to rights issues.
The series is very well received by critics and fans for the series being more faithful to Godzilla movies owned by Toho. Unfortunately, it was overshadowed by the Pokémon/Digimon war on Fox kids and Kids’ WB that dipped in ratings leaving 2 episodes unaired on TV. Which were featured in DVD and in the Internet.