Golden Diskette (Dexter's Laboratory)
"Golden Diskette" is the second half of the eighth episode in the second season of Dexter's Laboratory.
Dee Dee wins a golden diskette, earning her a free trip to the laboratory of Professor Hawk (Tom Kenny), one of Dexter's favorite scientists.
Why It's Golden
- The song the three shop managers sing about who Professor Hawk is is very catchy and groovy to dance to, and it explains Professor Hawk's backstory, along with the one Professor Hawk sings about brains being creative computers and even the country style one Dee Dee sings to get the others dancing. Watch the first one for yourself.
- Dexter is still a likable character, as he goes with Dee Dee to the place she won when getting a golden diskette to meet Professor Hawk, and his suit looks handsome.
- As said by the announcer, the Hawk Mountain looks very impressive, especially when it was built using shiny gold & modernized technology.
- "It's a bird". "It's a plane". "Don't be silly, it's just a robot head in a man's body".
- The tour Professor Hawk gives Dee Dee, Dexter and the other winners is very nice, and the aforementioned song he sings about brains being creative computers.
- Half-Decent Ending: Although Dee Dee destroys most of the Hawk Mountain, at least she freed Professor Hawk out of his robot suit and was thanked for.
- Dee Dee is still annoying at the start for taking Dexter's money to get the golden diskette, boasting at Dexter over getting it, and near the end for ruining Professor Hawk's tour by pushing his robot to the wall - therefore destroying everything, and she doesn't get punished for it.
- Half-Bad Ending: After Professor Hawk thanks Dee Dee for freeing him out of his robot suit, he decides to do a dance and then he announces that he's the winner with almost no explanation, and that's it.
- This episode, along with Filet of Soul, hold a rating of 7.6/10 on IMDB.