Gosei Sentai Dairanger
Gosei Sentai Dairanger (五星戦隊ダイレンジャー Gosei Sentai Dairenjā), translated into English as Five-Star Squadron Great Ranger, is a Japanese tokusatsu television series. It is the seventeenth program in the long-running Super Sentai franchise of tokusatsu programs produced by TOEI Entertainment, following Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger. It was originally broadcast from February 19, 1993, to February 11, 1994.
Why It Rocks
- The Dairangers are very likable and have very distinct personalities:
- Ryo/RyuuRanger (Red Ranger) being the most friendly leader of the team
- Daigo/ShishiRanger (Green Ranger) being the most gentle member, remarkable, and most serious of the team, and similar to Yamato Kazakiri/ZyuOh Eagle, He cares about the life of animals since he had his pet shop.
- Shoji/TenmaRanger (Blue Ranger) being a very playful comic-relief, but he also has a very strong sense of fair play of the team.
- Kazu/KirinRanger (Yellow Ranger) being confident striking hair-salon stylist always impeccably dressed, groomed, moving, the supposedly cool city boy was actually a country boy of the team.
- Rin/HonouRanger (Pink Ranger) being friendly and clumsy, and She has the most powerful psychic senses. She has mastered deadly wind power, and She came from China of the team.
- And Kou/KibaRanger (White Ranger) being silly, another comic-relief, and the only Kid ranger of the team. He starts off being an inappropriate rude brat who lacks responsibility, yet gradually grows as a character.
- Very Catchy Opening song and the Ending theme songs.
- Very successful toy sales.
- Awesome henshins and roll calls.
- The suits are very awesome, creative, and quite unique as well.
- The OST is very decent.
- The concept of the season is very well executed.
- Gorma Tribe is very intimidating main antagonists to the Dairangers, especially for Gorma Emperor.
- It is so far, This is the First legacy Sentai team with mythological-based mecha, and It was based on a specific cultural background (Chinese).
- The Mecha look amazing.
- Ryo's father's backstory was very handled.
- Its spiritual successor, Tensou Sentai Goseiger was still good.
- The final episode was decent at best, better than before.
- The movie was good.
- Ryuuranger's actor (alongside his Red successor) was one of the motion capture actors in Resident Evil 4.
- It is a Huge Improvement over Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger (despite it's a good season), and its successor, Ninja Sentai Kakuranger is just as good.
- It has little to no bad episodes.
- It never had a team up with Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger and Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.
- It never used the Core 5 costumes in the footage weren't used in Season 2 of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers until the infamously godawful TTSW due to lazy editing.
- The only Dairanger costume in MMPR is the KibaRanger suit.
- Despite Kou being a likable character, Kou/KibaRanger (White Ranger) was being inappropriate to Rin/HonouRanger (Pink Ranger), For example : He grabbed Rin's breasts and looked up her skirt while he was riding his skateboard. However, he gets good character development as the season goes on.
- The Final Twist on the Gorma Tribe seems to be an afterthought retcon, as we're given no indication in the past 30+ episodes leading up to it, and in some scenarios contradicting it. Such Examples include the Two Gorma, Master Mirror Makeup and Birdcage Vagrant. Even the last scene of the season contradicts it!
- The majority of the Giant Fights are not that good. The manly consist of a Gorma monster throwing an attack down at the Mecha, It takes the it, Then uses its finishing move to kill the Gorma. It feels rushed.
- Some of episodes however are the exceptions. Most example are the 5th, 22nd and 31st episodes.
- By the extension. Dairen'Oh is borderline invincible. He didn't get banged until episode 38, which took something enormous as Daijinryuu to defeat Dairen'Oh. At least, almost all of Dairen'Oh mech battles aren't really good and interesting.
- We never learn anything about the Shura tribe from 8000 years ago, nor do we know enough of of the past Dai and Gorma Tribes and their fates. What happened to Shadam, Gara, Zydos, and the rest of the important Gorma at the end of the war? How did Master Kaku not tell the Rangers that the Gorma was killed off years ago?