Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law is an American animated television series that aired in the nighttime Adult Swim block of the channel Cartoon Network from 2000 to 2007. The series is a spin-off spoof of the more kid-friendly Hanna-Barbera series from the 1950s-80s, with Birdman from Birdman and the Galaxy Trio.
This clever animated comedy revolves around the law firm of Sebben & Sebben and primarily the activities of Harvey T. Birdman, described as a third-rate lawyer who takes the cases nobody else wants. Birdman, an ex-superhero from the Hanna-Barbera cartoon Birdman and the Galaxy Trio, works alongside other Hanna-Barbera cartoon stars from the 1960s and '70s, and many of his enemies from "Galaxy Trio" also became attorneys and are often seen representing the opposing side of a particular case.
Why It Rocks
- Much like Space Ghost Coast to Coast, this show has done the adult version of the original kids show concept correctly.
- Memorable characters such as Harvey Birdman, Phil Ken Sebben, Peanut, Avenger, Judy Ken Sebben, Myron Reducto, Mentok the Mind-Taker, and X the Eliminator.
- Great voice acting, especially from Gary Cole, Stephen Colbert, Thomas Allen, Paget Brewster, the late Joe Alaskey, Grey DeLisle, Tom Kenny, Dee Bradley Baker, Jeff Bergman, Steven Blum, Bill Farmer, Mark Hamill, Frank Welker, Kevin Michael Richardson, Billy West, and more.
- The animation was very decent and they even used flash animation, even for the 2000s standards.
- Most of the characters from other Hanna-Barbera shows have also appeared in this show either guest appearance or cameo like The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Scooby-Doo, Yogi Bear, Jonny Quest, Top Cat, The Quick Draw McGraw Show, Magilla Gorilla, Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy, Secret Squirrel, Peter Potamus, and more.
- The intro itself was catchy.
- They have 11-minute episode that were very good to watched and while the series finale, "The Death of Harvey" only has 22-mintue episode.
- Speaking of which, "The Death of Harvey" was a great way to end of this show and it was truly satisfying.
- Some funny moments for every episodes which was great.
- In 2018, they managed to bring back the TV special called Harvey Birdman: Attorney General, which aired for 10 years, after the series finale of this show.
- Probably one of Adult Swim's best shows that they aired during the 2000s and it was really nostalgia.
- They had a spin-off series called Birdgirl in which wasn’t good, due to lack of Hanna-Barbera characters and humor.
- While the series was good, it can be a bit too weird.
- The show is one of four spin-offs of Space Ghost Coast to Coast, along with Cartoon Planet, The Brak Show, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab 2021.
- The series was available streaming on YouTube, Hulu and HBO Max.