He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
Note: To not be confused with the reboot of the same name.
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is an animated television series created by Filmation, based on the Mattel toy line Masters of the Universe. It ran for two seasons from 1983 to 1984.
The series follows the adventures of He-Man, the most powerful man of the universe, and his adventures in saving Eternia, Castle Grayskull and the entire universe from the evil forces of Skeletor.
Why He Had The Power By Greyskull
- It's a perfect story with action moments.
- Great voice acting.
- Great music choices, especially the opening and ending themes.
- Amazing characters:
- He-Man/Prince Adam seems like a mere meathead, but he has a moral compass of an honourable knight.
- Skeletor, while being obviously evil, is still a very entertaining villain.
- His roasts, his laugh, and his "You blubbering boob/fool!" quotes made him an endearing and hilarious character.
- Orko despite causing trouble sometimes, is really considered the most lovable by everyone.
- Adam's transformation into He-Man looks impressive.
- This show has plenty of great morals like:
- On episode 3, "Disappearing Act", Man-At-Arms tells viewers He-Man's brain helped him more than his muscles.
- On episode 10, "A Friend in Need", He-Man tells viewers drugs can not make their problems go away, and will often cause more.
- On episode 24, "Wizard of Stone Mountain", Teela tells viewers they may get away with a bad deed for a while, but it will eventually be punished.
- It spawned a whole franchise, with toys, comics, a spinoff (She-Ra: Princess of Power, a show about He-Man/Adam's sister She-Ra/Adora, which later got its own reboot in 2018 called She-Ra and the Princesses of Power), a reboot series in 2002, and a movie.
- Although the sexual harassment PSA featuring He-Man and She-Ra was very awkward in some places, it was successful in getting kids to admit to being sexually harassed.
- If it weren't for this show, we wouldn't have the memes such as the "HEYAHEYAHEYA" song and "Skeletor's Disturbing Facts".
- The animation looks weak, especially by modern standards. This is because Filmation often prioritized quantity over quality, resulting in their cartoons looking cheap.
- Orko can be annoying sometimes.
- The He-Man toyline was originally based on Conan The Barbarian.
- This show is considered as Filmation's most succesful show.
- The show spawned many memes, such as SLACKCiRCUS' "Fabulous Secret Powers"/"HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA", made on April 4, 2005.
- Wikipedia's list of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe episodes.