Heaven's Lost Property
Note: Ecchi and fanservice is not a bad quality.
Heaven's Lost Property (そらのおとしもの Sora no Otoshimono) is an 2009 anime series based on a 2006 manga illustrated by Suu Minazuki and published by Kadokawa Shoten. It was licensed by Funimation Entertainment.
Why It Rocks
- It has a great message of happiness and freedom which is the main theme of the series.
- Like High School DXD (DXD was created after this), even though it has ecchi and harem in it, it also has a large story arc that's interesting.
- Likable characters such as Tomoki, Sohara, Eishiro, Mikako, and Ikaros.
- Great English and Japanese voice acting.
- The concept of gynoid-like angels is well executed and very interesting.
- Tomoki, the protagonist, even though he's sometimes perverted, is very likable because he wants the Angeloids to be free from their slave-like mentality and have the freedom and happiness they should have.
- Very great and beautiful character designs and visuals.
- It uses more than 1 ending theme to fit the tone of the episodes which every episode uses a different ending theme.
- Very well done emotional and dramatic scenes to show that the series isn't only an Ecchi comedy.
- Great background music that fits the mood and tone of many scenes.
- Most episodes that begin with Sugata are very funny as his "pretty" experiments fail as he tries to research the New World.
- Mikako can be very unlikable as she abuses Tomoki for little to no reason at all.
- Some of the humor can get bland and generic at times.