Help Wanted (SpongeBob SquarePants)
"Help Wanted" is the first segment of the very first episode overall and Season 1 of SpongeBob SquarePants.
SpongeBob prepares to fulfill a lifelong dream and to get a fry cook job at a restaurant, The Krusty Krab.
Why It Rocks
- A young 12-year-old sponge who worked as a fry cook and feeds hundreds of anchovies fast is very entertaining.
- It is the very first episode of SpongeBob SquarePants and has a great story like first episodes of other shows like Star Trek.
- It premiered after the 1999 Kids Choice Awards.
- SpongeBob made so much Krabby Patties fast for crowded Bikini Bottom anchovies and he was finally hired to achieve his dream.
- While not using its own music, it uses Tiny Tim's cover of "Livin' in the Sunlight, Lovin' in the Moonlight" but it's a unusual ukulele version.
- It also paired with good segments such as "Reef Blower" and "Tea at the Treedome".
- It introduced some characters not just SpongeBob, but there was Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs. In later episodes, it debuted and introduced Sandy and Plankton.
- It gained 6.9 million views on it's original broadcast.
- Great voice acting, especially for Tom Kenny who voices SpongeBob.
- Introduced the greatest background songs, Honolulu March and The Rakehornpipe.
The Only Bad Quality
- The animation looks kinda weird, but we can't blame them. It was their first episode. The animation improved overtime.
Upon its release, "Help Wanted" scored a 6.3 Nielsen rating, or 6.9 million total viewers, including 3.6 million children aged 2–11. The episode received generally favorable reviews from media critics and viewers. It also got an 8.7 on IMDb.