Himitsu Sentai Gorenger
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Best Shows & Episodes Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Low quality article with weak pointers
Himitsu Sentai Gorenger (秘密戦隊ゴレンジャー 'Himitsu Sentai Gorenjā', translated as Secret Squadron FiveRangers) is a Japanese tokusatsu superhero television series. Gorenger was the first in the long-running Super Sentai series of tokusatsu programs (although the series wouldn't be called by that specific name until the release of Battle Fever J). Himitsu Sentai Gorenger was created by Shotaro Ishinomori, and was broadcast on NET (now TV Asahi) from April 5, 1975, to March 26, 1977, with a total of 84 episodes, making this the longest Sentai series.
When world peace is threatened by the emergence of a terrorist group called the Black Cross Army, EAGLE, the Earth Guard League, is formed to combat the threat. The Black Cross Army sends five operatives to destroy each EAGLE branch in Japan, killing everyone except for five agents. These surviving agents are summoned to a secret base located underneath the snack shop "Gon", where they are recruited by EAGLE Japan's commander, Gonpachi Edogawa. They become the Himitsu Sentai Gorangers and are given electronic battlesuits that endow them with superhuman strength and speed. The five dedicate themselves to stopping the Black Cross Army and its leader, the Black Cross Führer.
Why It Rocks
- It started the Super Sentai franchise.
- This season had the highest Japanese ratings with 16.1%.
- Five words: Tsuyoshi Kaijo and Akira Shinmei
- It contains amazing fight scenes.
- In Japan, The most memorable and recognized characters are: Tsuyoshi Kaijo/Akarenger (Red Ranger), Akira Shinmei/Aorenger (Blue Ranger) Daita Oiwa/Kirenger (Yellow Ranger), Peggy Matsuyama/Momorenger (Pink Ranger), and Kenji Asuka/Midorenger (Green Ranger).
- It is the longest-running Sentai series with 84 episodes, WOW! That will be a world record for that one.
- Tons of great monster designs, though some are kind of laughable.
- It teamed up with J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai, Another awesome sentai season.
- This is the first season to air alongside Kamen Rider and only Sentai to air at the same time as one of the "Seven Legendary Kamen Rider" series (Kamen Rider Stronger).
- Akira Shinmei was played by Hiroshi Miyauchi who was not only a great martial artist but is now one of the actors that play multiple rangers and other tokusatsu heroes such as Sokichi Banba/Big One (White Ranger) from J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai, and Chief Councilor Naoyuki Miura from the ill-fated show Chouriki Sentai Ohranger, and Shiro Kazami from Kamen Rider V3.
- This season was the first team upgrade.
- Daigoro Kumano's death scene was really sad.
- It has a sad and heartwarming finale.
- Despite the theme song being mediocre, It was very catchy.
- The theme song is quite mediocre, depending on your point of view.
- As stated above some of the MoTw designs are quite laughable and unthreatening.
- While the finale was a decent heartwarming finale, the final battle with Black Cross Fuhrer however, was very underwhelming and the fight choreography wasn't that great either as it had a mediocre execution.