Himitsu Sentai Gorenger
Himitsu Sentai Gorenger (秘密戦隊ゴレンジャー 'Himitsu Sentai Gorenjā', translated as Secret Squadron FiveRangers) is a Japanese tokusatsu superhero television series. Gorenger was the first in the long-running Super Sentai series of tokusatsu programs (although the series wouldn't be called by that specific name until the release of Battle Fever J). Himitsu Sentai Gorenger was created by Shotaro Ishinomori, and was broadcast on NET (now TV Asahi) from April 5, 1975, to March 26, 1977, with a total of 84 episodes, making this the longest Sentai series.
When world peace is threatened by the emergence of a terrorist group called the Black Cross Army, EAGLE, the Earth Guard League, is formed to combat the threat. The Black Cross Army sends five operatives to destroy each EAGLE branch in Japan, killing everyone except for five agents. These surviving agents are summoned to a secret base located underneath the snack shop "Gon", where they are recruited by EAGLE Japan's commander, Gonpachi Edogawa. They become the Himitsu Sentai Gorangers and are given electronic battlesuits that endow them with superhuman strength and speed. The five dedicate themselves to stopping the Black Cross Army and its leader, the Black Cross Führer.
Why It Rocks
- It was started the Super Sentai franchise.
- This season was the highest Japanese ratings was 16.1%.
- Five words: Tsuyoshi Kaijo and Hiroshi Miyauchi
- It contains amazing fight scenes.
- In Japan, The most memorable and recognized characters of all; Tsuyoshi Kaijo/Akarenger (Red Ranger), Akira Shinmei/Aorenger (Blue Ranger) Daita Oiwa/Kirenger (Yellow Ranger), Peggy Matsuyama/Momorenger (Pink Ranger), and Kenji Asuka/Midorenger (Green Ranger).
- It has the longest-running Sentai series with 84 episodes, WOW! That will be a world record for that one.
- Daita Oiwa would soon be replaced by Daigoro Kumano until his death in Episode 67.
- Tons of great monster designs, though some are kind of laughable.
- It was team up with J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai, Another awesome sentai season.
- This is the first season to air alongside Kamen Rider and only Sentai to air at the same time as one of the "Seven Legendary Kamen Rider" series (Kamen Rider Stronger).
- Akira Shinmei was played by Hiroshi Miyauchi who was not only a great martial artist but is now one of the actors that play multiple rangers and other tokusatsu heroes such as Sokichi Banba/Big One (White Ranger) from J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai, and Chief Councilor Naoyuki Miura from ill-fated show Chouriki Sentai Ohranger, and Shiro Kazami from Kamen Rider V3.
- This season was the first team upgrade.
- Daigoro Kumano's death scene was really sad.
- It's has a sad and heartwarming finale.
- Despite theme song was mediocre, It's was very catchy.
- The theme song itself was mediocre.