Hinamatsuri is a comedy, drama, Japanese anime series. It's based on a manga series which was written by Masao Otake, and published by Enterbrain and Kadokawa for the magazine Fellows! formally and Harta currently. It originally ran from 2010 to present and has a total of 13 volumes so far. After that came the anime series. It was directed by Kei Oikawa, written by Keiichirō Ōchi, musically composed by Yasuhiro Misawa, and produced by Studio Feel. It originally ran from April 6, 2018 to June 22, 2018, and it lasted for 12 episodes in total.
One night, a strange object falls on the head of Nitta, a member of the yakuza. Inside the box is a strange young girl named Hina. She has tremendous supernatural powers, and Nitta finds himself reluctantly taking her in. Her powers can come in handy for his yakuza business, but he also runs the risk of her using them on him! Not to mention, if she doesn't use her powers, she will eventually go berserk and destroy everything around her. Nitta and Hina's strange life together is just beginning...
Why It Rocks
- Great animation.
- Every episode is loaded with incredible comedy, as long as you're into quick shooting, deadpan, and sometimes even dark comedy.
- Very appealing art style and character designs.
- All of the characters are hilarious and add to the series' enjoyability. The most memorable character is Hina, but all of them are good, from Hina, to Nitta Yoshifumi, Hitomi Mishima, to Anzu, to everyone else.
- Good voice acting in both sub and dub.
- Nitta's quest to become a good father to Hina is both hilarious and endearing at the same time. It's also a work in progress.
- The series has a bit of loli fanserivce. It isn't too egregious, but it might turn some viewers off.
- They don't spend very much time fleshing out the supernatural aspects of the series.